You will need:
1 Whole egg
1 pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. Baking powder (can be without)
400g seedless cherries
150-200g Cherry jam or other jam (I used lingonberry jam)
- Prepare the dough.
- Bring the flour, baking powder, salt, cold butter and sugar to a sandy consistency.
- Add the eggs and zest and knead to a smooth consistency (do not crumple the dough too much so that the butter does not melt in your hands)
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Then divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll out most of it and place it on a greased buttered 22cm diameter baking tin.
- Then make holes with a fork in the base of the dough and place the jam.
- Place a cherry on top.
- Form strips of the remaining dough and arrange on the surface of the pie.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
🟢 I also added a couple of apples to the pie😁 Since there were not enough cherries. I used frozen cherries, but I let them drain well beforehand.